Member Lead Teams
The Chamber has three distinct committees, and one partnership. The committee teams are Business Education & Sustainability, Commerce Advocacy, and Member Services. Our Health & Wellness Committee integrated into Winchester's Activity Coalition. We encourage every Chamber member to become a part of one of these Teams. It is our desire to help promote vision, share fresh ideas and encourage leadership in order to improve the quality of life for all our citizens.
If you are a chamber member and would like to serve on one of our committees please contact the Chamber office at (859)744-6420. We'll be glad to help you become involved!
Member Services Team
Our Purpose and Goal
To assist the Chamber of Commerce with membership retention and recruitment through special events planning and the maintenance, creation and implementation of membership programs.
We have a GREAT team of hard workers who bring the fun while planning these large events.
Debbie Hohman, Chair
What We Do
Our team has the privilege of planning two Chamber events annually: The Annual Chamber Banquet and the Annual Golf Scramble.
Annual Chamber Golf Scramble
In September, we run the only fundraiser of the year, the Chamber Golf Scramble at the Winchester Country Club. The number of teams increased within the last few years so much that we now have an AM and a PM tee time. You can start your game with a Bloody Mary, lunch is provided at no charge and the Beer Cart travels around during play. (The Beer Cart also has Water and Ale8) Hole Sponsors provide freebies, games and players could even win a SUV by hitting a Hole In One on the a par three sponsored by Winchester Insurance. Two coveted trophies are presented to the winner in Business Class and another in Industrial Development.See More Photos from the 2018 Scramble
Annual Chamber Banquet
In May, we provide a celebration of the past year’s accomplishments at the Chamber Banquet. It is a time to acknowledge the Leadership Winchester graduates and Winchester Businesses and Individuals who have made a positive difference in our community. A Silent Auction is held which helps to support the Leadership Winchester program. The attendance is typically between 300 and 350 leaders in our community.
Business Education & Sustainability Team
Our Purpose and Goals
To provide meaningful opportunities for Chamber Members' active participation and input.
To assure the prolonged success of member organizations by providing a venue that shares information, exchanges ideas and assists in the promotion of the local economic environment thru member involvement and small business development assistance activities.
To identify, research and resolve issues important to the members and the business community.
Greg Yates, Chair
Billy Dion Mullins
What We Do
- Develop training as a result of member input
- Facilitate educational resources
- Establish forums for open discussion
- Implement programs that will support long-term member success and effectiveness
- Partner with organizations who support and promote similar visions
Commerce Advocacy Team
To provide advocacy for the Chamber of Commerce membership regarding public policy and community issues impacting commerce in Winchester and Clark County.
Goals will be accomplished through the implementation of the following:
- Support a white paper detailing the impact of drug abuse with an impact on the business community and explore ways to use this information to advocate for policy changes to address the impact of the issue.
- Assist in the facilitation of a "State of Education Summit" that includes the public school system, Bluegrass Community & Technical College, the Vocational School, the GED/Literacy program and the business community. The goal of the event is to inform and raise awareness and to further strengthen the partnership of business and education.
- Support efforts to develop and implement the Mobilizing for Action through Planning & Partnerships (MAPP) initiative. program and share information from this initiative.
- Conduct two public policy luncheons:
- August luncheon for State issues impacting business
- November/December luncheon to focus on Federal issues impacting business.
- Continue to advocate for the recognition of Winchester/Clark County as the birthplace of Beer Cheese.
- Continue to support and participate in the Community Action Plan process.
- Explore the feasibility of establishing a Community-wide interactive Calendar of events.
Gardner Wagers, Chair
- Collaborate with Chamber members, Tourism and Industrial Authority in providing a healthy community.
- Development and implementation of strategic community plans including property utilization, parks and recreation, visioning, transportation, green space, beautification and infrastructure.
- Facilitate increased educational and communication opportunities for members and the community thru meetings with policy makers.
- Serve as a conduit for members & the community on educational opportunities and partnerships.
- Partners in Education
- Higher Education
- BCTC Scholarships
Health and Wellness Team
Sarah Alexander – Co-Chair
Maggie Tincher – Co-Chair
Beth Willett Jones
The Chamber Health and Wellness Committee is part of the Clark County Activity Coalition. The Coalition is a team of people representing government agencies, non-profits and private companies. They come together monthly for the solid mission of encouraging physical activity in Clark Co which leads to healthier lives. The Coalition has been meeting for over ten years.
The group shares ideas related to physical activity and brainstorms about matters of activity and health. The group also works to address improvements in community walkability and bike-ability. Some of our successes include: the Winchester Traveling Trail, a mowed trail on a prime piece of real estate estimated to have more than 2,500 walkers/runners per month and the Clark County Wellness Challenge, a yearly, community wide program promoting physical activity and wellness that has grown to over 500 participants.